Tuesday 8 July 2014

Ride to Tansa Lake,India

This is my first Travelogue so please excuse me if you find it boring...

A little information on, Tansa Lake.
This Lake is located in Thane district and also has a earth fill dam and supplies drinking water to Mumbai. So basically it’s just a lake and a dam.

The decision of doing this trip:

Boredom and frustration was taking a toll on my mind. I was desperately needing a change. This ride to Tansa Lake was a spontaneous decision like most of my solo rides which I will be writing about in the future. I have a habit of searching different places on Google Maps and  Wikipedia, so this place also was zeroed on with some research, like the route to be taken and what to expect etc. A quick check at my wallet gave me the permission to take this plan from paper to road :). Now this ride was not known to my parents because the answer would definitely be a negative plus some scolding etc. Being associated with Xbhp I knew it would not be safe to ride in the rain without proper riding gears, but this was taken care off few days prior to the ride since I needed the riding gears anyway for the 15th August independence day ride (Thanks to Apratim for lending the jacket).So with all the requirements taken care of I start my ride to Tansa Lake.

The Ride:
First thing on my mind is that I should reach the destination and return home at the time decided that is before Mom returns Home which means 1830Hrs sharp, Can't be late at any cost or else you know the rant. So with all these thoughts in my head, I decide to be calm and finally start my journey :).
This was my first big ride (atleast for me) and I just felt like a free bird and was full of confidence and had a smile which almost lasted throughout the journey.

The First picture of the Ride: 

This was taken at somewhere on the NH 3 this highway aslo goes to Nashik.
That’s  my bike Honda Dazzler (2011)

The greenery on the way was awesome and was just awestruck.
With the help of some locals I managed to reach this internal road off the National highway and the view was superb.
This was the best picture I took from this ride, you can also see the condition of the village roads.
From here on the roads are bad and some stretches good but I was interested in the ride so the condition of the roads was not a problem, the greenery was enough to keep my mind charged and fresh.
A board cautioning about the forest zone, vegetation is just greener and the air lot fresher as I continue my trip.

                                         A stream while moving towards the lake.

Now as I am reaching closer to the water indicating that the Dam is now nearby I come across two roads and get confused which way to go, now one way leads to a gate which says Tansa lake or Dam something in Marathi which I faintly remember so I park my bike at the side and enquire at the gate,the guard on duty said entry to dam is restricted so I won’t be allowed and I am now pissed off with this.
Helpless I return to my bike and think of taking the other road but then again a board which says prohibited area and this time it was a forest department board. Not willing to take the risk of going inside alone and getting caught I quietly decide to return back home.
Thought about not able to see the lake and the dam but then the greenery was so beautiful that I could no longer think about it and thus was just enjoying the ride.

The First fall from a Motorcycle:
Now while returning and riding through the village road I decided that I should now take break since I had a lot of time before the deadline, saw this plane concrete platform and decided that would park the bike there off the road and relax but little did I know that this platform is super slimy and the moment I applied brakes for a complete hault the rear wheel just gives up and a thud me and my bike lying on the 
ground thankfully I was very slow otherwise I would have skid along with my bike into the water channel. Villagers sitting there help me up and the bike and the bike gets a damaged bar end slide and I am unharmed Thank God!!
Finally reached home before timeJ


So finally I completeted my first solo ride and parents still don’t know about it !!


More to come in the coming days :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment